1.19.2004

Today was quite the standard, run-of-the-mill sort of day. However, as it turns out, the construction guys at work didn't start cutting into my building on Friday - they started today. The noise was insane; so insane, in fact, that my supervisor and I went over to his place to work during the afternoon. We went back to the office around three, but by that time they had stopped.

Tomorrow should be interesting... i'm told they'll be at this at least through tomorrow afternoon, and likely Wednesday, too.

Tomorrow shall also be even more interesting, since I'm ... *drumroll* ... going on a date! Settle down, reader - you're not the only one who thinks that's absolutely nuts, for a host of reasons. Among them, it's simply been a hell of a long time since i've been on an actual, bona-fide date - at least a good year or two. Especially one that's half-blind! This girl is the one that contacted me after seeing my little online-dating profile, you see, and she knows what I look like, but i don't know a whole lot 'bout her. From her profile it looks like we share some common interests, though - coffee, books, movies, an enjoyment of bicycling and music, and the occasional video game. That should be plenty to drive conversation for awhile whilst enjoying our coffee at B&N. I'm sure it'll be a cool time, and i'm stoked to be meeting someone new around here, that if nothing else I can hopefully add to my current group of awesome friends.

Since the last three paragraphs have begun with the letter "t", as does "tired", perhaps i should take the hint and hit the proverbial sack. Wish me luck tomorrow - the Goat reckons he could probably use a little. Sleep tight, tonight, and have a killer Tuesday, be you returning to school after the three-day weekend, or just heading back for another day at the office.


No comments: