1.04.2004

Just on my way to bed here... thought I might as well add a closing note for the day. I did get my Mandan errands done, sort of, but things didn't pan out as expected so we'll see what happens in the next few days. Alas, it was good getting out - and I also scored some homemade bean soup from my aunt during the expedition, too. No complaints there; it's wicked tasty.

Note the usage of expedition above: wind chills today were around -28, and tomorrow could push -40 or more. Sometimes I really do wonder why the hell I live here. My poor Taurus hates this weather, too, but I suppose it could be plenty worse. I could live in Alabama or something. But hey, then I could have a mullet!

Tonight was rad, though. I spent a few hours chatting it up with Brianne over at my place, and it was really good .. helped pull me out of a bit of a rut I was in which started yesterday. We'd planned on watching a flick or something (I was gunning for AI, Donnie Darko, or American Beauty, but that's just what i felt like tonight i guess) but we ended up just chatting instead. In retrospection, i'm glad it turned out as such.

I need to be getting on my way, though, to bed, since I return to the office tomorrow. Grr... I was starting to enjoy this break! The change of scenery will be nice, though, as will the cash flow generated from such an endeavor. I leave you, then, with a small selection of photos I took of myself today. Figured the 'ol match.com profile could use some, for what it's worth.

photo one
photo two
photo three
photo four

Try and have a good Monday tomorrow, reader, and if nothing else, dream of the warm summer evenings that lay ahead. Simple evenings spent with friends, drinks, and smiles ... time spent next to that special someone, last light of the day streaming through her hair. Dream of evenings filled with calm wonder and infinite bliss.

They'll be here soon.

No comments: