1.02.2004

Happy Friday, reader!

Hopefully everyone's New Year's was a blast. All in all, I'd have to say mine was pretty sweet. I got a slight bit tuned, perhaps more than I should have, but alas, it's New Year's and I really needed to cap off a particularly shitty year.

2004 will be better. It simply has to be; I don't know if it could get any worse than 2003.

It was awesome being with my crew, though - Funkmaster Pink, The Lobster, Jen, Cody, Adam, Steph, and everyone else that popped in like Drew and the other folk. One girl that showed up even thought I was cute! Granted, she was sixteen and like all gothed-out and shit (aaaa) but she does get points for flattering me a bit, especially since I think i've only been referred to as "cute" a staggering three times.

Not that being gothed-out is completely bad (it's actually pretty rad if done tastefully), but sixteen, dude... damn.

So i've been thinking of a few new year's resolutions, like most ambitious folk. I've had quite a bit of time to think about them, too, between sitting here bored on my ass and going on drives and the like, but all i've been able to come up with are the following:


  1. Get the credit cards paid off
  2. Score a new car (read: 2000-2002 Maxima, 5-speed, black or dark blue, < 40k miles)
  3. Meet some new people in this forsaken town, particularly of the female persuasion, since nothing has panned out in so so long and i doubt it will unless i take matters into my own hands
  4. Increase my buff-ness (i've the weights, i just need some motivation!)


I guess that's not a terribly bad list, and not all that ambitious aside from point #3... but I wish i had come up with more. Lord knows i had the time, especially with my drive out to St. Anthony last night, but I was sort of tired and zonked out and such, and grooving on the music, in a different frame of mind, to think about silly ambitions. But i did make it safely back from the adventure nonetheless, after dealing with some particularly iffy roads Mandan-side. I was sooo tired when i got back, though, i just crashed out when i hit the bed. No doubt i should have just kept with the original plan and came straight home from Pink's place (i was feeling really sick and sort of out of it, and i thought sleep was the best answer), but once i was on the open road, its call was far too irresistable.

Dammit, i should go, i need to run over to Mandan and run a few errands concerning the mother. Joy... oh well. Have a fine Friday, reader, and make the most of the time given to you.

No comments: