1.15.2004

Comments are comin' back, baby! Boo-ya!

Turns out they got killed because the service I used, BlogSpeak, went down. The service provider for BlogSpeak ended up shutting it down for reasons unmentioned, so guy that ran BlogSpeak worked out a deal to transfer all our user accounts and past comments to another blog-comment service. This should be ready, from what I hear, in the next few days.. which kicks ass. Especially since all the old comments will be retained, too. What a wonderful world we live in!

Pick a day from this week, any day really, and that's what today was like. It just really wasn't that much different from the rest. It was obviously pretty badass that I quickly solved what I thought would be a bug from the seventh circle of hell, but other than that I just didn't do anything unusual. Code, come home, eat, watch the news, and code some more.

Oh, i guess I did get my MDU bill today. Again, not like that's anything amazing... one would think. Just another thing in the mail amongst a credit card bill, victoria's secret catalog, and a 1099-INT form from the bank. Until i opened the bastard. Back in, say, October I thought the old man was full of it when he said my heating & electric bill (then about $85) would double come February. Sure as shit, they want $158 for last month.

That's a lot of money for heat!

So now my place is even colder, a balmy 62 degrees. If this bill gets any higher next month there'll be hell to pay. Again, I find myself wondering why in the blue fuck I chose to stay here. Maybe I should follow my old coworker Stacy's example and move down to Flagstaff. I'm sure the office would let me remote in... Last week he mentioned how he was in Phoenix, running around in just a t-shirt, and was getting too hot. The bastard.

He's actually a pretty cool dude, though, and a hell of an artist. Go check out his site if you have some time: http://www.stacymark.com.

I suppose I should cut this short and hit the sack. Tomorrow will be a sort of unique day at work, since some fairly noisy construction will be going on at the office. They've chosen to almost double the size of our complex by adding a third building right next to the newer of the two existing ones (incidentally, the one i'm in). Said new building is but only ten or twelve feet from my building, so the things will actually be connected on all three floors when construction is complete. In order to connect buildings, however, one must cut holes in the existing building... and that's what the contractors are going to do tomorrow. From what i'm told, they'll be using these wicked saws to cut through the concrete walls at about a foot every twelve minutes, and they're not quiet saws. As in, there's no way in hell i'll be able to get work done once this commences. The contractors claim it'll start "sometime in the afternoon", but we've also heard this could be between 10am and noon.

Unfortunately, it's not like work will just say, hey guys you all kick ass, this saw thing blows, but you're pretty cool, so just take the day off with pay - as compensation for the inconvenience. No... i'll have to bring the laptop home and code some more. Alas.

At any rate, have a fine rest of the night, reader, sweet dreams, and have a pleasant Friday.

No comments: