1.13.2004

So yeah, work today was pretty cool ... i finally got this feature i've been working on half-ways completed. Mind you, the tough part comes next... so the rest of the week should be an interesting one. Especially combined with the extra time i'm pulling for PlotMaker. I ended up spending almost the whole of this evening monkeying around with it, finishing up the conversion of the user's guide from Microsoft Word format to CHM. Ah, the wonders of creating CHM files by hand with the god-awful microsoft html help workshop. Shoot me now...

*doin the "all i want for christmas is RoboHELP" dance*

But tomorrow I spose I'll spiff it up a little, throw in some cool screenshots and stuff like that, integrate the help file into the program itself, and call it good. After that, i won't have much else to actually work on other than testing and maybe editing the user's guide some more. I wouldn't mind making a few more passes over the thing, checking grammar and basic readability. I'm sort of anal when it comes to stuff like that.

I had also meant to give some folks a call tonight, as i was feeling a bit more sociable than last night. Alas, the damned code got in the way again. If nothing else I'd kinda like to get ahold of Cassie, see what she's up to, and see what's going on for Friday night - perhaps, coupled with my other friends in town, I could have myself a regular wild west hoe-down over here. Shit, tomorrow's already wednesday, and before I know it i'm sure i'll be sitting up at the comfort inn or space alien's for happy hour with the proverbial tall Killian's in hand, bullshitting with the old man. Thus, getting off my ass and planning something for Friday night might be in order before it sneaks up on me, leaving me with an anticlimactic evening in front of the TV, with only 23 channels of relative shit to choose from.

My bedtime does indeed draw ever closer, though... and i'm wicked tired. About time for the 'ol goat to hit the sack, i think. Hope all is well in your world, reader, and that you're staying happy. Sleep well, and have a glorious Wednesday.

No comments: