1.04.2004

Ah, the excitement!

Just another dull Sunday, after a particularly dull Saturday. I'm sure those are useful now and again, but it's pretty bad when you hit the sack at 11:45 and don't wake up for damn near twelve hours. I experimented, though, and threw another comforter on my bed, and holy shit does that help me sleep. Normally i refrain from such things because i'm so hot (well, yeah, but like, temperature i mean) that extra covers end up pissing me off. Perhaps i've changed... because this is pure bliss.

Blows that I had to wait till the weekend right BEFORE work to sleep in; I should have done this sooner.

That's okay, though - I've been trying to psych myself up for the return tomorrow. Coding a little yesterday did help that, and I'll need to do so again today for a little bit - but not for too long. I'd like to do something later besides code, since I'll get to do all sorts of that this upcoming week. I was considering hitting the China Garden for dinner, but as it turns out I've errands to run concerning the mother over in Mandan right around dinner-time. Bah! I guess it's not going anywhere, though ... i can always head out there next week sometime.

I just really want to avoid a repeat of yesterday, which besides being boring, kept me in quite a somber mood, and just overall blew. Highlight of the day, though: watching a live internet feed of the NASA JPL mission control room as the Mars Spirit rover went through the EDL phase (entry, descent, and landing). It was actually a trip watching all of it happen live; it felt, as cheesy as it sounds, like I was right there with them. At one point, they knew it landed but lost the signal as it was bouncing upon its airbags before coming to complete rest. The minutes while trying to reacquire the signal were pretty tense, but when they found it again the whole room just exploded in pandemonium. Nothing like seeing NASA scientists jumping around the room like a bunch of crazed spider monkeys. Excellent stuff. :)

I suppose it's about time i get my ass in gear and get ready for the day. Have a fine Sunday, reader, and don't lose that pretty smile on your face.

No comments: