1.18.2004

Grr... i am seriously at about wit's fucking end with this mother situation of mine.

Suffice it to say that my mom isn't necessarily living here in town right now, but as it turns out she'll be moving back soon. So I'm charged with the lovely duty of running around the greater Bismarck/Mandan area to collect all her stuff that various people have stored for her - clothes, cooking equipment, things like that.

I'm in a bit of a pickle (at my mother's request, mind you) since I need to score her coat, purse, and this box of miscellaneous stuff from a friend of hers in Mandan by, ah, Tuesday at the latest. I'd hoped to do it yesterday, but said friend evidently fails to understand either A) how answering machines work or B) how to make outgoing phone calls. Thankfully I was able to get ahold of her today, but she said she'll be gone "all day today" so i won't be able to come over and get the stuff. She has to also work tomorrow, so she was iffy about tomorrow night. Bear in mind she's off at the hellishly late time of three in the afternoon... so i suggested I just score the stuff tomorrow night.

THEN, in typical fashion, she starts wigging out about this money my mom owes her, something like $250.00. She's like, well, why should I give you her stuff when she's supposed to give me my money? Jesus fucking christ... From what the friend says, I won't be able to get this stuff of my mom's until next week if we can't do it tomorrow, but if she's being all stupid and shit about this money, who the hell knows if I'll even be able to.

Argh!! She's brought this money crap up with me before, too, and like i keep telling her, dude, that's so not my issue. Besides, it's only $250.00. Big shit, man, if you don't get it right away or not... it's not the end of the world. It's not like it's $5,000 or something.

I'll cap my ranting off for now, though, and get off my goddamnit-i-hate-dealing-with-the-WT soapbox. Hope you have a rad Sunday.

No comments: