2.20.2003

Well, here I am, back again for some more excitement. Just kicking back, procrastinating (i really ought to be reading some Networks shit for next week), and listening to some Tim Reynolds that Funkmaster Pink gave me last night. 'Tis an excellent album.

First, I'll finish my story that i started last time. Mixmaster H and I left Fargo here at around 10 last saturday, 10 at night that is. We drove to his hometown of Morris, MN, picked up his dad, and drove to St. Louis. We got there around 1pm on Sunday, and spent the rest of the day in the hotel room, awaiting our software demo the next day.

Sunday was my 22nd birthday.

The session blew major ass, on Monday. "Mix" and I didn't demo PlotMaker - another person did. He sucked it up, hard, confusing basically everyone in attendance (over 60 professional soybean breeders, etc). Thankfully we had the opportunity to speak for about 10 minutes after that, saving a bit of ourselves. Nowhere near the level of interest we hoped to see was generated, though, angering and saddening us. Alas.

So where do we go from here? Who knows... we've a few angles we may play, but it's anyone's guess at this moment. Because there was someinterest, though, I'm going to start working on a website for our little organisation (since we're not a true company yet, etc). All we need to do now is think of a name - and, so far, that's proving to be harder than we thought. Oh well.

I think I'm going to score some food; i'm not terribly hungry, but I am a little, so hell - if it postpones networks some more, it's all good. Have a fine evening.

No comments: