2.14.2003

I don't have a huge amount of time right now, since I have to go get my hair cut and I may try to go lift after awhile as well, but... I just needed to quick vent for a second. Work was fucking bunk this afternoon. It just got really frustrating towards the end because I changed the functionality of an admin-side editor I'm creating for some of the websites I help maintain, and this change dictated that I change how the stored proc used for updating the records in the database works as well. Needless to say the thing worked damn near fine before I started fucking around with the proc, but then the editor happily decided to not do any updates. Of course, just to make my life joyful, it also decided not to tell me why it was pooched. After about an hour and a half of a wild goose chase I stumbled upon the reason it was breaking - something i should have thought about far sooner. Alas. Course, to fix it, i'll have to spend the better part of wednesday interfacing my proc with some other portions of the database to get it to work. I guess the thing that pisses me off is that the proc is really fucking simple (i'm just updating one field in one table of the database; i'm not dealing with any wicked logic or joins or any of that shit); i'm spending all this time to get one little bit of functionality implemented correctly. Oh well... you have good days, you have bad days.

Time to call "Colonel Kernel" and see if he wants to lift.

No comments: