3.03.2003

This shall be a quick post, one, sadly, long delayed. This past week and a half, or so, has been a bit intense - work, school, Adaptive Latitudes (our possible business venture - http://www.adaptivelatitudes.com - and more. I'll have to write more soon.

In the meantime, here is a peice I just wrote last night. Finally, I write again! My last peice was written, well, sometime last October. Alas. Enjoy your evening.

-----------------------------

Unwanted Perseverance

3/2/03

England, a quiet Sunday morning
Sun just barely awake, mist still low
Spirits still riding
I stand alone amongst the beauty of emptiness

Down by the water, not far, I hear a few yelps;
The village hounds, playful in the fresh light
Call out to others “Come out and play! Come enjoy this day!
“Come, make this day yours and breathe life into this sleepy shire!


But all the others are sound asleep,
Becoming what they’ll never be
Living lives unlivable, loving the unlovable
And finally coming home
In an airbrushed world of subconscious gilded perfection

To me
(and those abandoned best friends turned prophets)
the townsfolk are nothing but quaint porcelain dolls,
fragile unmoving things smiling in their unwaking fancies
I am not of this place; I do not belong

Bending to a sudden desire for a rosy-red porcelain smile,
I pause, and imagine joining the town in its morning retreat
I leave the hounds for a moment and slip away

You’re coming back to me again –
From the water, from the fog, you come towards me, like always
I cannot resist this
I smile and walk to meet you, euphoric with delight


And I pull away, opening my eyes, locking my heart
For I know you’ll return to the forest
And run back to the stars
You’ll blot out the sun for me, like always
Leaving but a faint hint of what could never be

Wondering what good it is to dream,
Why one should ever hope,
I clear my head of such silly thoughts

I resume my morning stroll, resolving to make new friends –
In the company of fellow cast-off souls
I’ll praise the sun by the waterfront

No comments: