2.06.2003

Hmm... seems the proverbial trucker's atlas i've got hidden away in my Vehicle of Destruction (read: "Ford Taurus") has given me some forward direction after all.

Today, I received an offer for employment from the engineering firm in Bismarck... of course, I'll be accepting said offer. The opportunity is wicked nice, the starting pay is pretty tight - all in all, "mighty swell". And, I get to move the fuck out of Fargo. If you, dear reader, have never visited this land, you're not missing out. It's flat - perfectly flat - and smells alternately of ass or sugar beets. Not a pleasurable mix. Bismarck, on the other hand, has topography, a real river, does not smell like ass, and is jus' plain purdy.

Strangely, what I'm most looking forward to is setting up my own place. Those who know me well, like the Lobster, Steve, or Funkmaster Pink might indeed think I'm off my rocker - since last summer in Bloomington, whilst completing my second internship, I decided living by myself blew. It blew a lot. Things, hopefully, are different now; instead of being in a massive metropolis by myself, I'll be back in little 'ol Bismarck, town of 55,000, where all my family is. Not to mention The Mexican, and for a short while, Toaster and the Chanimal, Katie, and the Lobster's sister.

See, having my own place lets me get a) my own kickass furniture, b) some new kickass cookware, c) a kickass entertainment system ... and I can host parties, get down with my bad self if i want to, etc etc. I just hope I can find a suitable pad.

Well damn, i can't think of anything more to say. Since I'm suffering stream-of-conciousness block (aka "duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"), I will bid you farewell once again. Sleep well, and go foreward with smiles.

No comments: