12.16.2003

You know what hauls major ass? That I found out today, just after lunch, that the good movie theater here is running a midnight showing of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I am beyond stoked about this; the movie series is stunning, and I can't wait to see it end. It'll be weird since I've been looking forward to it for about four years now, but life always has a way of giving one plenty more things to look forward to, and lots more things to get excited about.

New things always spring up, capture one's fancy, and lead you through life on a tether of golden thread so light you barely even notice it.

But you see it; deep down you see it, and it's exciting.

Alas, the movie is freakishly long at almost four hours (but who cares? More LOTR, the merrier, i say) so I won't wander out of the Grand until close to 4am. So what to do? Sleep? Hell no, i'd never get up in time. Instead, i'll go to work.

what??

Yeah, work, at four in the morning. Insanity. But hey, i'll actually get some stuff done since it'll be nice and quiet, and then i can head home around 1:30 or 2 and nap. Naps are wonderful, besides, and I hardly ever get to take them unless it's the weekend, so tomorrow should be badass. For now, though, until it's time to go line up again to see this masterpiece, I best turn my persuits away from writing for my own pleasure (and yours too, dear reader, of course!) and to more important matters - like my 6th-month performance review for work. I have a set of questions to fill out, and i need to spend about half an hour on those tonight before I head to the theater. Bah... but if it could mean a raise, that hauls.

Stay safe and content tonight, reader, and if you get a chance, take a moment and dream of the upcoming summer - the thunderstorms, the slow, fragrant rain, the feel of that special someone in your arms... let it bring a smile to your face. Cause it's a good smile, and it might just bring a little warmth to these cold winter nights.

No comments: