12.15.2003

Ahh... today was nice.

Other than the fact that winter totally blows and i had to shovel my driveway and sidewalk at the unholy hour of 7:00am, all was well. Work moved swiftly and I got quite a lot done, and I finally got my headboard replaced on my bed. I've been waiting, well, since about June to get a replacement and the furniture guys brought it over lunch.

Of course, this new one is messed up, too, but I'm just sick of messing with it. The last one was worse, however (one side of the headboard threatened to pull away entirely, causing - if nothing else - horrendous structural stability issues). Unlike the last headboard, the one they brought today just looks like someone at the factory failed to take Introduction to Principles of Wood Glue, or something. One peice isn't glued the best, and it looks cracked actually, but isn't. Whatever... it's still under warranty, so if it gets worse I'll just see about getting another replacement.

Besides fighting snow and sub-par furniture, though, the rest of the day went well. This evening was really relaxing, and I'm just overall content. It really looks to be, for once, a good start to the week. Perhaps it's in part due to this past weekend, also. July Lucille came back, so I spent time hanging with her and Brianne and Katie. My old friend Steph and I hung out too on Friday night, which was a blast - watching movies and catching up on old times is always fun.

I'm also really digging the new cell phone. Evenings and weekends are far cooler now since I have unlimited minutes and free long distance. So, in addition to socializing, i spent some good time keeping in touch with Funkmaster Pink, the Toaster, General Assdick, and Steve. And I talked to the lobster last night too, which was awesome. All in all, a much-needed string of pleasant days.

Hopefully things are pleasant in your world, too, reader. Dream sweetly tonight.

No comments: