12.24.2003

Today was, by far, not a bad Christmas Eve. Just slightly out of the ordinary. I won't get into too many juicy details since


  • I'm pretty tired
  • my ankle is killing me, and i should elevate the poor thing
  • spilling all the beans ruins the suprise!


Of course, reader, as you know my life really is fairly uneventful, so don't hold your breath, thinking I did something crazy like go out on a date, go skydiving, or eat mushrooms. I'll fill you in later on how the gift exchanges all went, though, stuff like that.

Thing is, like the second point above states, my ankle hurts like a mad bastard. Although I like to think of myself as graceful, virtually floating on air, in reality I'm pretty damned clumsy. In a raging display of my coordination skills, I misplaced a three-step leap down the stairs this morning at work and twisted the hell out of my left ankle. Besides simply hurting like a fucker, the thing made this sickening popping noise when I landed that I'm still a little concerned about. My grandmother (who, mind you, was a nurse all her life) thinks I should get it x-rayed. But, after a day of resting and intermittently icing it with a pack of snow peas I found in the back of the freezer, it's feeling better. So we shall see about going to the hospital... *crosses fingers*

Funny, though, that I had to gimp my ankle out at work on a day when I wasn't even supposed to be there! I just went in to get my laptop and some boxes that I forgot yesterday, which I needed so I could get some other gifts wrapped. Only needed to be there for, at most, five minutes. Just call me Dante Hicks from now on. :)

Have a content and touching Christmas, reader. Nestle in tonight with a warm mug of hot chocolate, or a glass of egg nog, and slip into slumber with a smile on your face.

No comments: