11.27.2003

Ahh... Thanksgiving.

I'll just start this off and say, goddamn, i ate too much turkey. Inwardly I wonder how many people are thinking the same thing right now across the land... and, yay, I'm one of 'em. I first ran off to my aunt's place around noon for a pot-luck style dinner there, and then went to my dad and stepmom's place for dinner around 3:30. My stepbrother, his wife, and little ones came up from South Dakota, too, so that was rad to see them. By the time i finished there i was seriously ready to hurl, though. Damned near did, actually, which makes for a pretty bogus thanksgiving experience.

And, to boot, this cold that has been threatening to kick my ass for the past few days now finally is. Since Sunday or Monday i've had a stuffy nose and shit, surefire signs something is up, but nothing really came of it till yesterday when my throat started getting a little sore. That's how it usually starts for goats: sore throat, then coughing, then usually the clinic since i can't ever shake the damned things. This morning i could barely swallow, and if nothing else it seems worse now. Sore throats drive me completely batty, so i've been somewhat cranky the past few days too.

Bah... winter is lame.

But life lately has been turning for the better this past week. Last weekend, Steve and The Princess came back to Bismarck; we went to Sidelines and hung at her place and generally had a pretty fun time. And some badass ribs that her mom made, so that kicked ass. Then Tuesday here, both the Lobster and "Funkmastre the Pink" came back from Fargo. It, too, has been wonderful seeing both of them and feeling a little more complete, or just plain me because of it. We've all hung out and chatted and stuff, and the lobster and i made some banana bread yesterday, and that's about it, but i wouldn't trade times like that - good times with good people - for anything.

I guess that's it for now - i planned on writing some crazy huge post action, but i just ran out of gas. Perhaps it's the mass amount of food i ate today, hehe. Have a wonderful turkey-induced lazy Thursday night, reader, and remember that when things seem the darkest, when it seems like noone understands, when it seems like you'll never see the summer sun, remember this: it always gets better.

Always.

No comments: