10.25.2003

Song of the day: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Room at the Top

Today is starting out as quite a gray and blah wonder that I didn't much expect from this weekend. In the back of my head, of course, i wasn't holding too many high expectations for this weekend, but generally nature is nicer to me and provides me blissfully sunny Saturday mornings, perfect for getting out and mountain biking. Alas, it's gray and cold and slightly damp outdoors.

But life ain't so bad, when you think about it. Even though it might be cold and gray and clammy and icky, my house is still warm. I can fire up the candles, put on some GWAR, cover myself in strawberry syrup and prance around naked, and noone cares. Or i can just put in a movie, generally give a great big california salute to the world, and lose myself for a few hours. It may be a boring and basically simple existence, but it sure beats homework. It's not all that bad.

Anyhoo, today at least, i'll be chilling with my mom and grandma and shit, so that should be cool. Other than that, who knows... there aren't really any plans. I don't feel like drinking tonight cause I doubt anyone will be around (and drinking by onesself is just fucking lame, it's a real downer) so, you never know. Maybe i'll just watch a flick... or try to get caught up on Keruac's On the Road. 'Tis a strange book, in that, parts of it seem very cool, very profound, very, like, wow, man, wow. But a bigger hunk of it doesn't seem to go anywhere; it comes across as very anticlimatic. It all serves to make a book that i do enjoy, but can actually put down. For extended periods of time. Perhaps i'll tackle the beast again later, however. Regardless, all shit screeches to a halt on November 4, because that's when Dark Tower 5 - Wolves of the Calla is released. Those readers who are privy to the knowledge of my dark-tower-junkiness will know the importance of such an event.

Don't expect to hear from me for a few months when that fucker comes out ... it's been a long time coming.

Well, i best be off. To do what? Who the hell knows, but just get away from the devil machine here and take advantage of having some computer-free time. Enjoy your day, reader - do something pleasant.

No comments: