7.18.2003

New post... new POEM!

Have a fine weekend, folks.

-------------------------------

56CT9JT

7/19/03

Paddles slap the water in a lullaby rhythm,
Indifferent waves roll the craft side to side,
My old craft a stunted pendulum
Marking off the passing time
In an exact antiseptic fashion –

My own metronome, pushing me towards the last days –

I soon grow weary of this.

Listen with open ears, an open heart
To the tunnel that never ends
The endless echo in the dark of night, the dark of life

It’s like tossing a pebble in the air
And losing it in the sea –
Like watching a dying sunset –
When alone in the world
Like killing existance and not breaking a sweat

Sometimes I scream, scream until I spit blood
But the echo never changes, never stops

I slash myself and seal the outside doors
But the light never comes;
No light in the tunnel, no sound of life


Just an endless droning echo,
Vanilla-flavoured and smooth as the spring wind

No comments: