1.27.2003

This is my second post. I'm thinking that this could be interesting, this Blogger thing. Normally I'm pretty anal about my coding and don't jive well with editors that generate their own code, as this blogger does. It seems like a decent tool, though, so we'll see how it treats me.

If you didn't guess from the tiny rant above, I pay for my food and gasoline with my phat programming skills. I'm a software developer. I suppose, in turn, that makes me a geek, but fuck that. For those who know me, I'm essentially The Goat. Over time, you, the reader, should hopefully develop a sense of who this Goat character is.

You might think since I code that I sit around wasting my life away playing all sorts of games - 3D-shooters, rpg's, the whole gamut. Sorry to rain on your parade, but no... if I play games, it's racing games. That's where it's at. Most of the time, though, i'm sitting around reading, or writing, or coding (imagine that). Or, if the weather is warm enough, you might find me mountain biking, out on a stroll, or out exploring the fine world of photography.

And... I'm fond of dark beer. Not the stereotypical geek drink of choice, but you'd be suprised how many computer science majors enjoy a cold pint of Guinness now and then. So maybe I'm not the typical geek, but I do suppose I am one, nonetheless. But i'm mostly just The Goat.

No comments: